We believe in providing safe, clean and comfortable accommodation for women and children who have experienced domestic violence.
What Support is provided?
Everybody who lives in refuge accommodation is treated as an individual with their own needs. We can provide support by:
- Getting things sorted from your old home, i.e. bills, personal belongings
- Attending appointments with you
- Helping you access health care
- Helping claim any money you're entitled to
- Helping find a permanent home to live in
- Helping you get an injunction
- Building self esteem and confidence
- Providing group sessions in the refuge such as confidence building, relaxation and much more
- Providing drop in sessions giving you the opportunity to chat with staff and other residents
All our accommodation includes:
- A Kitchen/lounge area which has a cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, stereo, television, washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board
- Bedrooms which have beds, bed linen, mirror, hair dryer, alarm clock, toy box. A cot and baby monitor can be provided if needed
- A Bathroom. Towels and children's bath toys are provided
The accommodation service is staffed:
Mon-Fri 8:00am – 8:00pm
Sat & Sun 8:00am – 2:00pm
An out of hours emergency telephone number is also available for residents.